Penguin Photography is committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to process orders and to provide a personalised service to you when you visit our website. We appreciate that you do not want the information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here, we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. By engaging with our website you agree to us transferring, storing and handling your information in the manner described below.
This policy sets out:
- What information we collect, how and why it is used
- What information we share with outside parties
- Where information is stored and for how long
- How we protect your information
- Child safety
- Your rights regarding your information
- Contacting us
1. What information do we collect, how and why is it used?
We capture and process Photographs (deemed to be personal data under the GDPR) as our central and core service. The photograph data is processed to provide the service we have been contracted to complete. We use consent as our legal basis for capturing the photographs. Subsequent processing to make the images available for sale to parents or students is based on our legitimate business interest of generating sales.Student Data is provided by the student, school, college or university with whom we have a contract. This data is limited to name and class, house, team, department, hall of residence or other such grouping. We use this data on our photo mounts as part of the core service we offer.
When you place an order on our website or directly with us, we need to know some of your Personal Information:
- Your name, e-mail address, delivery address, debit/credit card number and expiry date;
- Your telephone number to enable us to contact you if there is a problem with your order;
- Your order details which may include the name of your school, university, team, house, class, hall of residence, department or degree.
We need this Personal Information for our contract with you so that we can process and fulfil your order, notify you of your order status and assist you if there is a problem with your order. We also use this information to administer your account with us and verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make under our contract with you.
2. What information do we share with outside parties?
- Organisations providing photo processing services (our photo lab), website and data hosting services, our e-commerce platform, distributing any communications we send, supporting or updating marketing lists, and providing IT support services from time to time.
- Educational institutions (with whom we have entered into agreements in relation to supplying our service) for the purpose of distributing our photographs to the students or parents that purchased them.
- Payment processing providers who provide secure payment processing services (note your payment card details are not shared with us by the provider).
- To our chosen delivery companies, for the sole purpose of delivering your order and informing/updating you on the delivery progress of your order.
We may also disclose your information to third parties:
- If Penguin Photography or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Penguin Photography, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and to prevent cybercrime.
3. Where is the information stored, and for how long?
Information is stored on our computers in the UK and on our secure e-commerce platform in the EU. The latter is provided by Photodeck which process the information submitted by our customers according to GDPR regulations. Our payments processing providers are iZettle and Paypal. Your payment card details are not shared with us by these providers. The Privacy Policies of these third party organisations are available on their websites.
The Photographs are the intellectual property of Penguin Photography. Copyright on such work lasts for 75 years. We will store our Photographs for as long as we are able to ensure customers can purchase our products, whether in or out of copyright.
We will hold your Personal Information for as long as is necessary to provide excellent service to you in respect of the product you purchase.
4. How do we protect your information?
To prevent unauthorised access as required by Data Protection Law, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we are able to disclose personal data to you following a request from you to do so. We use a secure server by which you may place your order or access your account information.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
This website may, from time to time, contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
5. Child safety
Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is very important to us. Our website is intended for use only by persons who are at least 16 years of age, and the parents/guardians of those under the age of 16. You may not use this website if you are under the age of 16, unless we have received written consent from your parent/guardian.
Parental consent is sought prior to photographs being taken in schools by the school administration.
Photographs of school children are password protected on our website. If you are given a password it is your responsibility to keep it confidential.
7. Your rights regarding your information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data.
You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability.
Please note we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. Contact us
You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time by using the contact details below.
For the purposes of European data protection law, ("Data Protection Law"), the data controller is:
Penguin Photography Limited 26 Hoathly Hill, West Hoathly, East Grinstead, RH19 4SJ, UK T: +44 (0)1273 906633 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
The website is operated by Penguin Photography Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales, number 3427176, registered at Cambridge House, 16 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1AX.